Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

low-resolution photos will be removed from this Mac

I have half terabyte of photos and videos stored on iCloud. On my Mac, Photos is set to treat photo library as iCloud Photo Library and syncs and shows photos. Shows that there are about 58,000 items. Now, if I want to disable iCloud Photo Library, I get a message that says "58 low-resolution photos will be removed from this Mac".

I would like to be able to download all files to my Mac and be able to stop the syncing of Photos to that Mac after that.

Shouldn't there be a way to force the Photos app to sync all the photos and videos to the Mac when "Download Originals to this Mac" is enabled?

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 8:03 PM

Well I think I managed to solve this by first setting the Library to Optimize for storage, and then after some time setting it back to Download Originals to this Mac. And that seems to have eliminated the "low-resolution photos will be removed" message.

Similar questions

1 reply

low-resolution photos will be removed from this Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.