Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email says "Your iCloud storage is almost full." but Settings says otherwise

Every couple of weeks I get email from "iCloud <noreply@email.apple.com>" like this most recent one which says:

Your iCloud storage is almost full. You have 368.9 MB remaining of 5 GB total storage.

Upgrade to 50 GB for $0.99 per month

However when I check iCloud Settings, either on my MBPro (10.13.3), on my iPhone6 (11.2.5), or directly at iCloud.com, they all say I have used only 3.63GB and have 1.36GB available. They have said something close to this consistently for months.

What is going on? I obviously do not want iCloud (e.g., backups) to fail on me, but I would like to think I can trust the Settings information about my usage.

Note:

1. Im pretty sure this email is not a phishing scam, since the salutation uses my full name and all the links are to https://icloud.com/...

2. There have been previous (closed) questions about these "storage almost full emails", but none have specified that direct checking of Settings show consistent numbers quite different from the email message. Replies have focused on explaining what might be using space, how to delete backups, or just suggesting paying for more storage. None of those address this direct stark contrast.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 11:29 AM

Other people have posted similar problems and after contacting iCloud support, found it was a server problem. iCloud support reset everything. You may have to politely ask for a level 2 person.

If necessary contact iCloud Support. You may have to try twice.

iCloud Support

1 reply

Email says "Your iCloud storage is almost full." but Settings says otherwise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.