Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't cancel preorder within iTunes

I pre-ordered a movie a while back, I decided I didn't want to purchase it at the time of release. I went into my account to cancel the order and it is still there? Why can't I cancel it?

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 8:47 AM

What happens when you try to cancel it ? And you've tried logging out and back into the account ? You should be able to cancel it on either a computer's iTunes or on an iOS device : Pre-order apps, movies, music, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support ; if that isn't working (I've just tried it on my Mac's iTunes and it seems to work for me here in the UK) try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can cancel it for you : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2018 8:47 AM in response to ajensendx

What happens when you try to cancel it ? And you've tried logging out and back into the account ? You should be able to cancel it on either a computer's iTunes or on an iOS device : Pre-order apps, movies, music, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support ; if that isn't working (I've just tried it on my Mac's iTunes and it seems to work for me here in the UK) try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can cancel it for you : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Mar 6, 2018 2:20 PM in response to ajensendx

If you have an iPhone go to "Settings" then "iTunes and app store". Click on your Apple ID. Next, click on "View Apple ID" and sign in. Tap "Pre-Orders" and you can then delete from there. See link below and scroll to the last topic on the page.

Pre-order apps, movies, music, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

I had difficulty deleting a pre-order from my iTunes account on my computer. I would "delete" but nothing happened. I followed the above instructions on my iPhone and was able to delete the pre-order.

Apr 2, 2018 10:28 AM in response to ajensendx

Same thing over here and it's been like that for months but for me I have albums I preordered that I can't cancel. I already posted a reply on this thread but they deleted it. I think they won't fix it purposely so you get charged for the album when it comes out. Pretty shady. Whenever you click cancel it gives you a popup that says "Are you sure you want to cancel?". When you click "Yes" the popup closes but the preorder doesn't disappear. You can keep clicking cancel over and over and it won't go away. This is from a desktop by the way. I have a bunch of albums i preordered that were charged to my account when they came out where I had tried to cancel them previously but was unsuccessful. I can't remember the last time I was able to successfully cancel a preorder. They need to fix it but they won't. The fact that they deleted my first reply to this thread says enough. Very shady business practices.

May 10, 2018 10:30 PM in response to rileyxbell

You should be able to cancel the order from an iPad or iPhone. I used my iPad to remove the offending orders.

It's ridiculous that we have to go to such lengths, but that's Apple for you. Complaining about it here may be therapeutic, but it's ultimately futile. Companies are generally terrified of their own customers, and rarely if ever steps foot in their own forums.

Can't cancel preorder within iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.