Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Go Away Chrome!

I use the GMail app on my iPad. Since the last update to the iOS, every time I click an email link I get a pop up asking if I want to open it with Chrome or Safari. I pick Safari and move the slider to indicate I don’t want to be asked again. Next time I click a link, it asks again. How do I kill this beast?

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 12:59 PM

7 replies

Feb 22, 2018 2:54 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks, but everything I found addressed issues where Chrome was already installed. The problem I'm having seems to be aggressive marketing by Google to get me to install Chrome.

There was one posting suggesting clearing Cookies. I'm going to give that a shot. But I think I'll be as successful as Brady on the last play of the Super Bowl.

Go Away Chrome!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.