Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bent iPad Pro 12.9

I purchased my iPad Pro 12.9 in 2017,brought a protective case and screen protector for it,only had this ipad for a few months I noticed a slight bend in it although it’s been in a protective case,I’ve not dropped it,not put it near a radiator,or any sort of heat,it’s been well looked after,contacted Apple they advised me that they couldn’t repair it as it would be better to purchase a brand new iPad costing £669.00,and now because of this bend there is a crack in my screen with a faded yellow line,I could understand if I had damaged the iPad myself,but I didn’t,when you spend a lot of money on iPads you would think Apple would at least have a look at it free of charge,did anyone else have this problem with their iPads?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2018 6:35 AM

6 replies

Feb 23, 2018 11:17 AM in response to Lexiebrooke81

Lexiebrooke81 wrote:

I brought this around January 2017 would I still have warranty on this

If you never purchased two year extended AppleCare+, within the first 60 days of purchase, then you have no AppleCare warranty coverage.

Two year AppleCare+ provides for 1 incident per year for accidental damage of your iPad and, also, covers the bulk of the replacement iPad cost. With extended AppleCare, you would have only paid $49 U.S.D. for a replacement, refurbished iPad.

Without extended AppleCare, an out of warranty costs for a replacement, refurbished iPad is 60% of its original price.

Mar 24, 2018 1:45 PM in response to Lexiebrooke81

My iPad 12.9 is 6 months old. It’s been inside a UAG case since I pulled it out of the box. Started having flickering issues a couple of weeks ago, then more recently, the screen would fade to black and had to be reset each time To turn off. Pretty much became unusable. Geek Squad appointment arranged through Apple revealed a slight bend on the charging side. Bent device back a bit relieved whatever pressure was causing the screen problem. Despite it working again for now, paid the $50 deductible and my new iPad Pro is ready for pickup.

Bent iPad Pro 12.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.