Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 set up dual monitor

I have a new 2017 MacBook Pro and want to link it to 2 monitors. I bought a usb-c to 2 x HDMI adaptor which shows the display on both screens but as screen mirroring (I’ve checked the display settings and mirroring is not ticked). And when I close the MacBook lid rather than clamshell mode the monitors go blank. How do I set up a proper dual monitor set up? Thanks

Posted on Feb 23, 2018 11:23 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 23, 2018 1:54 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

So you recon if I got 2 of those adaptors the dual screen should work? I wasn't sure if it would still work using 2 of the USB-C ports and not just the one? You've been really helpful. One last question. If I use these apple adaptors will the macbook pro recognise I want dual screen on the monitors and also the clamshell would work? Or is there anything else I would need to do to set it up?

Thanks

Feb 23, 2018 7:22 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

It looks like all the 2017 models support at least two additional displays:

2nd Display Support: Dual/Mirroring* 2nd Max. Resolution: 4096x2304 (x2*)

Details: *In addition to simultaneous support of the internal display, this model supports a maximum resolution up to 4096x2304 at 60 Hz at millions of colors on two external displays or a single external display at a maximum resolution up to 5120x2880 at 60 Hz at over a billion colors via Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C).

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i5-2.3-13- mid-2017-retina-display-no-touch-bar-spe…

MacBook Pro 2017 set up dual monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.