Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching Carriers with Apple Watch Cellular?

Has anyone been able to switch their apple watch cellular from AT&T to Verizon? Apple says you can Verizon says you cant..

This is the answer I am getting over and over from Verizon:

On Feb 23, 2018, at 12:32 PM, Mckinney, Richelle D <**********@ VerizonWireless .com> wrote:

Have some information for you. The apple watch was done for each carrier specifically and we are not able to activate an at&t watch on our network. So I looked up some information. You can trade the watch in towards the purchase of a Verizon capable Apple watch and it would be up to 234 or 245 for the trade in value depending on which watch you have.

<Email Edited by Host>

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Feb 23, 2018 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 3:08 AM

Hi

Apple's instructions for changing carriers are detailed in the first support article below, under the heading "Changing carriers" and, if necessary, also under the heading "Remove your cellular plan":

If your carrier is experiencing issues with implementing the change, then I suggest that you continue your dialogue with them and, if necessary, also with Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2018 3:08 AM in response to willfromkyle

Hi

Apple's instructions for changing carriers are detailed in the first support article below, under the heading "Changing carriers" and, if necessary, also under the heading "Remove your cellular plan":

If your carrier is experiencing issues with implementing the change, then I suggest that you continue your dialogue with them and, if necessary, also with Apple Support.

Feb 23, 2018 3:11 PM in response to willfromkyle

That's simply not true. An Watch is capable of working with any of these three providers and others who use the same technology as they do in the US:

User uploaded file

The screenshot above is from this Apple site: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple.

Have you tried talking to more than one person at Verizon?

When you purchase the Series 3 watch you are not asked who your carrier is as it doesn't matter. It does with an iPhone.

User uploaded file

Switching Carriers with Apple Watch Cellular?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.