Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading previously purchased movie in SD Quality

I have PURCHASED movies that I would like to download in SD Quality on my iPad. How do I change the quality from HD to SD for a previously purchased movie I want to download.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 23, 2018 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 10:12 AM

I have found a solution. If you look at "Previously Purchased" Movies on the iPhone and iPad you have no options to choose HD or SD. However, if you find the same movie within the iTunes Store you will have the options.

So, search for the movie on your device and select it. It should have the cloud icon rather that a purchase price. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page you will have an option "Also Available in SD." You can select that then tap the download icon.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2018 10:12 AM in response to Joe Fratianni

I have found a solution. If you look at "Previously Purchased" Movies on the iPhone and iPad you have no options to choose HD or SD. However, if you find the same movie within the iTunes Store you will have the options.

So, search for the movie on your device and select it. It should have the cloud icon rather that a purchase price. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page you will have an option "Also Available in SD." You can select that then tap the download icon.

User uploaded file

Feb 23, 2018 8:00 PM in response to Joe Fratianni

What about this paragraph from that document?

Download SD content on your Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes on a Mac or PC. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Purchased. If you're a member of a Family Sharing group, you might see Family Purchases instead of Purchased.
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, click Movies or TV Shows in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
  4. Click "Not in My Library" to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
  5. At the bottom of the iTunes window, deselect Download HD When Available.
  6. Find the movie or TV show that you want to download, then click User uploaded file in the upper-right corner. The movie or TV show downloads to your library.

-----

I own no movies from the iTunes Store so I can't check on iOS.

Downloading previously purchased movie in SD Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.