Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help determining whether to turn on iCloud Music library when my iTunes library size is greater than storage on phone

I have 175GB of music in my iTunes library and stored on my Mac. Combination of my own CDs and music purchased from iTunes. My iPhone SE has 20GB of available storage. I have iTunes Match and Apple Music as weIl.

If i turn on iCloud Music Library will I be able to access any song from my iTunes music library from my phone when wanted OR will it attempt to download my complete library and after 20GB tell me my phone is full? I don't want the music to reside on my phone, just be accessible from the Cloud when using my phone.

Grateful for experienced advice.

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:37 AM

I don't want the music to reside on my phone, just be accessible from the Cloud when using my phone.

On your device, you download what you wish from the iCloud Music Library. It does not attempt to sync the entire library.

If you never download for offline listening, the library is simply your source for streaming your music.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2018 7:37 AM in response to Radiohead North

I don't want the music to reside on my phone, just be accessible from the Cloud when using my phone.

On your device, you download what you wish from the iCloud Music Library. It does not attempt to sync the entire library.

If you never download for offline listening, the library is simply your source for streaming your music.

Need help determining whether to turn on iCloud Music library when my iTunes library size is greater than storage on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.