Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Screen Scratch

I purchased Apple Watch Series 3 Space Grey Aluminum Case 14th February 2018, and it's for my daily use. After 2 weeks use, i notice there is scratch/hairline crack on the side of the screen, nearby the crown. Basically I can feel the scratch, and it quite deep.

I never have it bang/slammed on any hard surface or drop the watch. And it believe series 3 have the enhanced & strengthen glass surface that is scratch-resistant. Do anyone experience this before?

Is there any way to replace the screen or the whole watches without any cost within the warranty period? I'm from Malaysia, and I have check with the service center, they are not sure on the replacement cost for Apple Watch Series 3.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 1:18 AM

Hi

Apple Watch is not user-serviceable and Apple does not offer a screen repair or screen replacement service for Apple Watch.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Out-of-warranty service prices (and AppleCare+ service fees / excesses) vary by country and by Apple Watch model.

Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support - Malaysia

I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you what Apple will decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

In the meantime, note that Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 1:18 AM in response to bryant.lim

Hi

Apple Watch is not user-serviceable and Apple does not offer a screen repair or screen replacement service for Apple Watch.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Out-of-warranty service prices (and AppleCare+ service fees / excesses) vary by country and by Apple Watch model.

Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support - Malaysia

I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you what Apple will decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

In the meantime, note that Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

Feb 26, 2018 1:01 AM in response to bryant.lim

I also have a little scratch on my watch series 3 and after a call with the support, i sent my watch to the technical center.

There, they will verify that the scratch is not caused by a human error, they will verify if there is no impact zone.

If no impact zone, and they estimate it's not your fault, they will replace it for free...

Otherwise they will charge you the replacement 😟

Apple Watch Series 3 Screen Scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.