Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.4 artwork randomly not showing in songs view

I have finally had to abandon iTunes 10 (sob!) and have gone as far as 12.4.

I am not going any further - I've seen the disaster that is the artist artwork view in later versions and I'm not having any of it, but I'm very happy that 12.4 seems to have everything where and how I expect it, apart from randomly deciding some of my Films are now Home Videos, but I can fix that by editing media type in Get Info/Options. But there is one area of artwork 'misbehaviour'.

In Songs view, some songs show no artwork, despite everything having artwork in every other view (whether embedded, Apple/Gracenote provided, or manually inserted by me). At first sight it seems random but if there is any pattern it seems that:

- all 'proper' albums have artwork in songs view

- many single tracks (which I have defined as albums if, say, they are the only track from that artist) do not have artwork in songs view

- some sets of songs that I have defined as albums (e.g. two or more tracks on an old-fashioned single - what we used to call EPs, for those old enough to remember) do, and some don't, have their artwork.

So there may be some pattern, but it's hard to see any rhyme or reason when every other view - artists and albums - shows all artwork.

Anyone had the same and found a fix?

Thanks,

George

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 2:37 PM

OK - I may have been a bit premature. I discover in Songs View Options that below the checkbox 'show artwork' there is another option for 'show always'. Checking this fixes things, it seems. But what is the purpose of this option? The implication is that leaving it unchecked means 'show sometimes'. So what rules apply in this 'sometimes' case?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2018 2:37 PM in response to george57l

OK - I may have been a bit premature. I discover in Songs View Options that below the checkbox 'show artwork' there is another option for 'show always'. Checking this fixes things, it seems. But what is the purpose of this option? The implication is that leaving it unchecked means 'show sometimes'. So what rules apply in this 'sometimes' case?

itunes 12.4 artwork randomly not showing in songs view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.