Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete multiple photos from Photos?

I had imported all photos from a friend's iPhone to my MacBook as a backup of sorts while he gave his phone for some repairs.

Nothing happened to the originals, so now I need to get rid of the copies from my MacBook. There are about 3400 photos in total (friend's) and I want to get rid of all of those without deleting my own photos. How do I go about doing it? I do notwant to cmd+click each of the 3400+ photos.

Basically, I am asking for a way to delete all photos from one import session (a particular date and time), without deleting others.

I have found similar questions, but no one seems to be having my exact problem.

Any help appreciated.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 4:04 AM

Thanks LarryHN, for the reply.

I have mentioned that there are more than 3400 photos. Selecting all 3400+ photos from that import individually is not really a productive or time saving task.

I did solve the problem though, I selected all photos and then deselected the ones I needed. Not exactly the solution I had hoped, but it did the job.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 4:04 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks LarryHN, for the reply.

I have mentioned that there are more than 3400 photos. Selecting all 3400+ photos from that import individually is not really a productive or time saving task.

I did solve the problem though, I selected all photos and then deselected the ones I needed. Not exactly the solution I had hoped, but it did the job.

How to delete multiple photos from Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.