Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move image FROM Pages document to...

I moved some images into a .pages document quickly while reorganizing a presentation using another program.

When I went to move the images OUT of the pages document to the other application, I couldn't "drag and drop" -- in fact I can't find ANY way to do it!

How is this possible? It's so easy with Word or other programs. Just drag and drop to an e-mail, to a text message, to whatever. Am I missing something? How can I get my images back out of the pages document?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Since you didn't share the numeric version of Pages in use, let's assume that it is v6.3.1 on High Sierra. Pages is not a Word clone, so there should be no surprise that it doesn't work like Microsoft wrote it.

You can only drag and drop a copy of an image already in Pages. You select the image, and then in the right panel, select the Image tab. Just above the Replace button, you will see a generic icon and a automatically generated name for your image. Click on that generic icon, and drag/drop onto the Desktop. The original image remains within the Pages document.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2018 7:00 PM in response to abartoli

Since you didn't share the numeric version of Pages in use, let's assume that it is v6.3.1 on High Sierra. Pages is not a Word clone, so there should be no surprise that it doesn't work like Microsoft wrote it.

You can only drag and drop a copy of an image already in Pages. You select the image, and then in the right panel, select the Image tab. Just above the Replace button, you will see a generic icon and a automatically generated name for your image. Click on that generic icon, and drag/drop onto the Desktop. The original image remains within the Pages document.

User uploaded file

Move image FROM Pages document to...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.