Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone X screen flickers randomly

I just received my iPhone X today and since I turned it on, the screen will flicker at random. It happens on any screen and is not app specific. It just happened as I typed the last sentence. I have tried turning off certain features such as True Tone, haptics, and auto brightness. I have reset the phone several times. I have a feeling this might be a hardware issue and that I will have to bring into an Apple Store. Please help. Thanks.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Feb 27, 2018 12:00 PM in response to brettfromballwin In response to brettfromballwin

Hello, brettfromballwin.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that your iPhone X screen flickers intermittently. You're on the right track on trying to determine if the issue is hardware or not and I do have one more suggestion to try. Before doing so, however, it would be best to make sure that you have a current backup of your data: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch . To rule out software being the issue, restore your iPhone to factory settings using this link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Set up the iPhone as a new device and then test to see if the screen continues to flicker. If it does, then it's more than likely a hardware issue. I'd also recommend contacting Apple Support or making a genius bar reservation prior to visiting the Apple Store.

Keep us updated.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Feb 27, 2018 12:00 PM in response to brettfromballwin In response to brettfromballwin

Hello, brettfromballwin.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that your iPhone X screen flickers intermittently. You're on the right track on trying to determine if the issue is hardware or not and I do have one more suggestion to try. Before doing so, however, it would be best to make sure that you have a current backup of your data: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch . To rule out software being the issue, restore your iPhone to factory settings using this link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Set up the iPhone as a new device and then test to see if the screen continues to flicker. If it does, then it's more than likely a hardware issue. I'd also recommend contacting Apple Support or making a genius bar reservation prior to visiting the Apple Store.

Keep us updated.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Feb 27, 2018 12:00 PM

Reply Helpful (14)
User profile for user: brettfromballwin

Question: iPhone X screen flickers randomly