Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If someone has you blocked on their iphone, will the facetime icon on their contact card of my phone still light up or will it be greyed out ?

If someone has me blocked on their iphone, will the icons such as facetime on my iphone still light up or will they be greyed out when you go to their contact card on my iphone ?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:46 PM

Well that is something thats needs to change on apples part. if you block someone or someone blocks you, the icons in a persons contact card should be greyed out. this can easily be added to the programming language in a future update. thanks for all the input everyone

6 replies

Feb 25, 2018 7:51 PM in response to techguy205

techguy205 wrote:

Well that is something needs to change. if you block someone or someone blocks you, the icons in a persons contact card should be greyed out.

You don't really have any right to know why someone isn't answering your calls or texts. If I block someone through my carrier's website, they aren't notified. If I simple silence the call from my phone, people aren't notified.

There are some very good reasons for not notifying someone that they have been blocked. Usually, people are blocked because they have made a pest of themselves by not listening when someone says, "I don't want to talk to you. Don't call me". Telling those people that they have been blocked could result in an escalation from pest to stalker or worse.

You can submit feedback to Apple here:

Product Feedback - Apple

But, I wouldn't expect to see any change in this.

If someone has you blocked on their iphone, will the facetime icon on their contact card of my phone still light up or will it be greyed out ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.