Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I merge multiple iPhoto Libraries to my icloud photos?

Over the years I created several iphoto libraries and saved them to my time machine when I ran out of storage on my MacBook. Now I subscribe to iCloud Photos and have a larger iMac and would like to merge all the libraries into iCloud. Anyone have advice on how to get this done?

MacBook, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:30 AM

If you have Aperture installed in addition to iPhoto, you could merge the iPhoto Libraries using Aperture, before migrating them to Photos (Aperture 3.3: How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries). It will save time, if you only have to upload one library to iCloud. And merging in Aperture will take care of duplicates between the libraries.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 6:30 AM in response to emAREdee

If you have Aperture installed in addition to iPhoto, you could merge the iPhoto Libraries using Aperture, before migrating them to Photos (Aperture 3.3: How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries). It will save time, if you only have to upload one library to iCloud. And merging in Aperture will take care of duplicates between the libraries.

Can I merge multiple iPhoto Libraries to my icloud photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.