Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My weather is gone from my watch faces. What can I do?

My Apple Watch 3 is not posting weather on any face I use. What can I do? I’ve tried shutting down my phone and watch after resetting.

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:58 AM

Hi

The following steps may help with both issues, having previously resolved issues with the Weather app and Weather complication for other users.

If you have not yet done so, also update your iPhone to the latest software:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Weather > Default City > choose Current Location (or a specific location from those that have been added to the Weather app on your iPhone, if preferred).

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services is enabled.
    • If the setting is already turned on, try turning it off, pausing for a few moments and then re-enabling it.
  • Check that Apple Watch Faces is set to While Using.
    • Toggling the setting to Never and back again may help.
  • Check that Weather is set to Always
    • Toggling the setting may help.
  • At the bottom, tap on System Services > check that Setting Time Zone is enabled (you may also wish to enable all other system services, if they are not presently enabled).

• Check that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both enabled on your iPhone:

• iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth - on.
    • iPhone: Settings > Wi-Fi - on.
    • For the best performance from your watch, keep both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Background App Refresh:

• Check that Background App Refresh is enabled.
    • Enable the settings for Stocks and Weather.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Complications:

• Check that you have configured your watch face to show the Weather and Stocks complications.
    • If you are currently using a third-party weather app (such as Yahoo Weather) for your watch face complications, try removing it (via Edit, upper-right) and using Apple's built-in Weather app instead.
    • See weather on your watch face
    • Customize your watch face

Restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, then it may next help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch, even though your devices appear to indicate that they are paired:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

1 reply
    Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 2:58 AM in response to jackiefrombaxley

Hi

The following steps may help with both issues, having previously resolved issues with the Weather app and Weather complication for other users.

If you have not yet done so, also update your iPhone to the latest software:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Weather > Default City > choose Current Location (or a specific location from those that have been added to the Weather app on your iPhone, if preferred).

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services is enabled.
      • If the setting is already turned on, try turning it off, pausing for a few moments and then re-enabling it.
    • Check that Apple Watch Faces is set to While Using.
      • Toggling the setting to Never and back again may help.
    • Check that Weather is set to Always
      • Toggling the setting may help.
  • At the bottom, tap on System Services > check that Setting Time Zone is enabled (you may also wish to enable all other system services, if they are not presently enabled).

• Check that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both enabled on your iPhone:

• iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth - on.
    • iPhone: Settings > Wi-Fi - on.
    • For the best performance from your watch, keep both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Background App Refresh:

• Check that Background App Refresh is enabled.
    • Enable the settings for Stocks and Weather.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Complications:

• Check that you have configured your watch face to show the Weather and Stocks complications.
    • If you are currently using a third-party weather app (such as Yahoo Weather) for your watch face complications, try removing it (via Edit, upper-right) and using Apple's built-in Weather app instead.
    • See weather on your watch face
    • Customize your watch face

Restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, then it may next help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch, even though your devices appear to indicate that they are paired:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

My weather is gone from my watch faces. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.