Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save 4K picture to imac

First time using 4K preburst. import to photos on imac results in MP4 file. I can see all the individual photo’s, but i do not see how i can select and save the one picure i want as a jpeg photo. Must be simple, any tip?

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:21 AM

import to photos on imac results in MP4 file

If the burst is not appearing in Photos as a Burst, in the Burst album, but as a video, you can save selected frames of the video as a TIFF using the video editor in Photos.

Open the video, and in the video controls click the gears icon. Use the command "Export frame to Pictures" to save the currently selected frame as an image file.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 5:21 AM in response to jan nijboer1

import to photos on imac results in MP4 file

If the burst is not appearing in Photos as a Burst, in the Burst album, but as a video, you can save selected frames of the video as a TIFF using the video editor in Photos.

Open the video, and in the video controls click the gears icon. Use the command "Export frame to Pictures" to save the currently selected frame as an image file.

User uploaded file

Feb 27, 2018 3:08 PM in response to jan nijboer1

Hello Jan,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are not able to select specific photos from a burst of photos. The Photos Help Guide has some helpful information on how to select a photo from a burst of photos:

View photos - Photos Help

With some models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can shoot a burst of photos in rapid succession, enabling you to get a good shot of fast-moving subjects. When you import a photo burst into Photos, it appears in the imported moment and in the Bursts album. When you open a burst, you can view all the shots in the burst and select your favorites to work with individually.

1. Double-click the burst in the moment or in the Bursts album.

2. To select photos from the burst, click the Make a Selection button in the upper-left corner of the photo.

User uploaded file
  3. Click the photos that you’d like to have as individual photos, then click the Done button.

User uploaded file
  4. Do one of the following:

• Keep the selected photos and delete the others in the burst: Click Keep Only Selection.

The selected photos appear individually in the moment and unselected photos are placed in the Recently Deleted album. The burst no longer appears in the moment or in the Burst album.

• Make the selected photos appear individually and keep all of the photos in the burst:Click Keep Everything.

The selected photos appear individually and the photo burst remains unchanged.

Best Regards.

How do I save 4K picture to imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.