Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Problem installing macOS High Sierra

install completed, Mac air did a restart and the following error message appears;

macos os could not be installed on your computer

the path/system/installation/packages/OSinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged

Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

restart

every time I click restart, same message appears and unable to get out of this message or use computer.

Any assistance appreciated. I am NOT very IT savvy.

Thank you

Shell

MacBook Air

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Feb 26, 2018 6:24 AM in response to macjack In response to macjack

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately unable to follow safe restart as log in screen doesn't appear after steps followed. The Apple logo flashes on then replace by grey screen as before. Looks like it's trying to restart after software update, but then back to error screen as mentioned above.

Feb 26, 2018 6:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Feb 27, 2018 4:10 AM in response to macjack In response to macjack

Thanks but no good. I am unable to get to any menu. The screen shows as attached, then after the restart it eventually comes back to the same message. Have tried blind force quit etc, but just keep getting this. Help please! Thank you, I do very much appreciate your assistance. User uploaded file

Feb 27, 2018 4:10 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 5, 2018 11:37 AM in response to Skip UK In response to Skip UK

We have had this happen on a few of our computers running High Sierra

This seems to fix it -

1. When you get the message, click on the image inside of the error, you should now see a menu bar at the top of the screen
  2. Choose the Apple icon
  3. Choose Startup Disk
  4. Select "Macintosh HD" and restart/reboot
  5. Computer should now boot up normally

Mar 5, 2018 11:37 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Skip UK

Question: Problem installing macOS High Sierra