Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email password

I am unable to send email. My password is not working. How can I change my password?

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 3:20 PM

Hello, L.O.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that you want to know how to change your password for your email. I do have some suggestions that may help you with this. To change your password for your Mail accounts, follow this step: Open the Mail app > Preferences > choose the email account > Server Settings. This should allow you to update the password. Also, double check your settings for your email: Mail Settings Lookup

Here's another great article to check out if you're still having troubles with mail: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 3:20 PM in response to L.O.

Hello, L.O.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that you want to know how to change your password for your email. I do have some suggestions that may help you with this. To change your password for your Mail accounts, follow this step: Open the Mail app > Preferences > choose the email account > Server Settings. This should allow you to update the password. Also, double check your settings for your email: Mail Settings Lookup

Here's another great article to check out if you're still having troubles with mail: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.