Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help buying non apple but MFi certified cables

I’ve bought MFi certified off brand chargers and they all work fine. But I’ve noticed some don’t seem to charge our iPad mini very fast. Granted I know they are slow overall. iPhones charge better.

My question is what specifically should I look for when buying a cable? I know HAS to be MFi certified. Does it need to say LIGHTING? USB? Syncing? I’m assuming they are all one in the same for all cords but I just want to verify with someone.

Thank you

L

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:25 AM

9 replies

Feb 26, 2018 8:35 AM in response to dhflaf03

dhflaf03 wrote:

I’ve bought MFi certified off brand chargers and they all work fine. But I’ve noticed some don’t seem to charge our iPad mini very fast. Granted I know they are slow overall. iPhones charge better.

My question is what specifically should I look for when buying a cable? I know HAS to be MFi certified. Does it need to say LIGHTING? USB? Syncing? I’m assuming they are all one in the same for all cords but I just want to verify with someone.

The cable shouldn't have any effect on the charging speed. What power adapter are you using for the Mini?

Feb 27, 2018 9:25 AM in response to dhflaf03

The cord has plenty to do with the fast charging ability and as of now the only cable that will give you fast charge is the Apple USB-C to lighting cable I've personally tested, METRAN, LC-dolida and Neugeek all of which claimed they would deliver proper charge and not one of them did... I tested it on my apple 29 watt charger my anker 30.9 watt charger and my anker 29 watt..

Feb 27, 2018 9:42 AM in response to Mountaineer26537

Mountaineer26537 wrote:

The cord has plenty to do with the fast charging ability and as of now the only cable that will give you fast charge is the Apple USB-C to lighting cable I've personally tested, METRAN, LC-dolida and Neugeek all of which claimed they would deliver proper charge and not one of them did... I tested it on my apple 29 watt charger my anker 30.9 watt charger and my anker 29 watt..

Your iPhone isn't fast charging because of the cable you're using. It's fast charging because of the adapter. That happens to be the cable that fits that adapter. Also, only certain devices support fast charging.

Help buying non apple but MFi certified cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.