Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not ready for Holi Holiday!

According to my OS X Calendar app, this Friday, March 2, is the heretofore unknown Holi holiday, and I am not ready for it! Do others have the same holiday coming up? Do I need a costume? Should I throw a party? Leave town? Who was this guy, Holi, anyway? A Trump appointee?

Let me know.

David

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:58 AM

I believe it is a Hindu holiday (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi). It appears to be Apple's response to the outcry of the removal of Easter from the US calendar a week ago. Now everybody has their holidays on the calendar.

As for how to prepare: "During the first day of the festival, the women of Barsana, the birth place of Hindu Goddess Radha, beat the men from Nandagaon, the hometown of Hindu God Krishna, with wooden sticks in response to their efforts to drench them with colours" - Lathmar Holi festival: colour and beating with sticks – in pictures | World news | The Guardian

Get out your dyed powder and sticks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 7:58 AM in response to Dhabercom

I believe it is a Hindu holiday (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi). It appears to be Apple's response to the outcry of the removal of Easter from the US calendar a week ago. Now everybody has their holidays on the calendar.

As for how to prepare: "During the first day of the festival, the women of Barsana, the birth place of Hindu Goddess Radha, beat the men from Nandagaon, the hometown of Hindu God Krishna, with wooden sticks in response to their efforts to drench them with colours" - Lathmar Holi festival: colour and beating with sticks – in pictures | World news | The Guardian

Get out your dyed powder and sticks.

Not ready for Holi Holiday!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.