Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rogue holiday called "holi" in Apple US Holidays Calendar

I seem to have a rogue holiday in my apple US Holidays calendar set. It's called "holi" and it occurs on March 21st. Does anyone else see this? Is it a bug? Can't seem to delete it without deleting all the holidays. It's not a mission critical thing but it is kind of annoying.

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 11:41 AM

Holi is a Hindu spring festival, originating from the Indian subcontinent, celebrated predominantly in India, but has also spread to other areas of Asia and parts of the Western world through the diaspora from the Indian subcontinent, also known as the "festival of colours" or the "festival of love". 

Palm Sunday, Good Friday, St Patrick's day aren't holidays..

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2019 11:41 AM in response to Yakimite

Holi is a Hindu spring festival, originating from the Indian subcontinent, celebrated predominantly in India, but has also spread to other areas of Asia and parts of the Western world through the diaspora from the Indian subcontinent, also known as the "festival of colours" or the "festival of love". 

Palm Sunday, Good Friday, St Patrick's day aren't holidays..

Jan 24, 2019 11:38 AM in response to razmee209

I think because it is clearly an error and not a real holiday. Yes, there are holidays that I don't celebrate too but when I see them my reaction is, "hmm, Ramadan starts next week. Interesting." With this one, it's just a glaring typo of imperfection. Probably my own OCD or perfectionism. Untypical of Apple and their usual attention to detail.

Rogue holiday called "holi" in Apple US Holidays Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.