Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I erase photos on iphone without losing them on icloud?

Can I delete/remove photos from my iphone without them deleting/disappearing from icloud? Its 2018 so I refuse to believe that Apple requires me to keep all of my photos and videos on my device despite them being simultaneously stored on the cloud. Please tell me there's a way to do this.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:30 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 10:57 AM in response to urbanator99

urbanator99 wrote:

Its 2018 so I refuse to believe that Apple requires me to keep all of my photos and videos on my device despite them being simultaneously stored on the cloud.

They don't require you to keep them all on the device... but your mistake is thinking they are stored on the iCloud. As previously pointed out, they are only on the iCloud to sync up with your other devices.

You need to make sure you download them to your computer, an external drive or wherever before you delete off of the device. Or us a different cloud service to store them there.

Can I erase photos on iphone without losing them on icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.