Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s with latest ios 11.2.6. continually restarting

My Iphone 5s is continually restarting with no pattern, sometimes every few minutes. It is updated to the latest available version 11.2.6 (15D100). I have tried hard reset a few times and still doing it. Very Frustrating....

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:22 AM

10 replies

Mar 10, 2018 11:37 AM in response to jlpaul65

I guess I have fixed this problem for my 5s.

1/ make the backup in tunes

2/ turn off «where is iphone» in iCloud preferences.

3/ restore iPhone to factory settings. you have to sacrifice ALL all your information. you get a brand new device. in my case, this step was successful only after 4-5 effort with an error.

4/ restore app from backup. phone asked if I wont to use backup and mention that it is only for apps and other users stuff like the photo, not for OS. i agreed. 🙂 it takes some time and patience. finally, all my apps, photos, preferences had resurrected. thank god and apple! you have to enter lots password/codes/numbers again. but it is the biggest problem you face.

After previous 11.2.6 update with reload-bug i had 4-figures unlock password.
This time OS ask me for 6-figures password. Maybe previous time 11.2.6 update was not installed completely.

Now I have tested all my app more than an hour and any reload. Hope that all.

Apr 23, 2018 2:43 PM in response to jlpaul65

I found if i open calculator and hit the sleep button before 3.5min it prevents the restart and gives another 3.5 min. Hardly useful except for a quick text but 11 seems to be an embarassinglt poor ios itetatuon with these very software only issues. That cant be blamed on hardware. The post 8.4 updates which had hid throttling and batt data have only made things worse with the backtracking the programmers are doing.

Iphone 5s with latest ios 11.2.6. continually restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.