Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi, ive set up my iphone 8 plus and it shows my son as the owner of the phine not me, also i now gave all of his contacts not mine

Please help me sort this out I’m a 53 year old technophobe... my son Alfie is showing as the owner of my brand new iPhone 8 Plus and I don’t know how to change it.

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 1:42 PM

11 replies

Feb 26, 2018 2:19 PM in response to PurplePolly123

Are you using your son's Apple ID? Go to Settings. What do you see at the top of the page? Is it your son's name and picture? If so, you need to tap on that, swipe to the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. You will be asked for his Apple ID passcode. Ask him to type it in. Then, sign in with your own Apple ID. If you don't have one, you'll need to create one.

Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support

The fact that your son was on his phone at the time you were setting yours up has nothing to do with this.

hi, ive set up my iphone 8 plus and it shows my son as the owner of the phine not me, also i now gave all of his contacts not mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.