Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMessage activation error

Hello there,

After updating to macOS 10.13.3 I am unable to log into iMessage. Every time I try to login I get an error which says "An error occurred during activation. Try again.". I followed the guide provided by Apple for dealing with this issue and also made sure that location services were enable for iMessage but I am still not able to login. What is the solution to this problem?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), Early 2011

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

If you are able to use other Apple IDs without issue, your primary Apple ID may be blocked for use with iMessage for one reason or another. It does tend to happen from time to time. You'll need to reach out to  support in order to make sure your account is in good standing.

I think you should contact them ASAP using one of the methods in my post above (Re: iMessage activation error). You'll want to get the process started now so you don't have to deal with the issue any longer than you already have.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Feb 27, 2018 12:29 AM in response to hiiamaperson In response to hiiamaperson

If the issue persists after following the Apple Support articles, I recommend contacting Apple Support via one of the following methods:

• Call 1.800.275.2273

• Visit Contact Apple Support

• Download the Apple Support app on the App Store

Feb 27, 2018 12:29 AM

Reply Helpful

Feb 27, 2018 6:28 PM in response to hiiamaperson In response to hiiamaperson

This is just as an update to the problem: I am able to log into other Apple IDs and use them for iMessage without issue. The problem seems to be specific to my Apple ID.

Also, logging in with my Apple ID for messages fails on other devices with the same error, so the problem isn't specific to my Mac.

Feb 27, 2018 6:28 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Feb 27, 2018 9:02 PM in response to hiiamaperson In response to hiiamaperson

If you are able to use other Apple IDs without issue, your primary Apple ID may be blocked for use with iMessage for one reason or another. It does tend to happen from time to time. You'll need to reach out to  support in order to make sure your account is in good standing.

I think you should contact them ASAP using one of the methods in my post above (Re: iMessage activation error). You'll want to get the process started now so you don't have to deal with the issue any longer than you already have.

Feb 27, 2018 9:02 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: hiiamaperson

Question: iMessage activation error