Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro not backing up to icloud

Received a brand new iPad Pro for Xmas and all is working well between my iPhone X, iPad Pro and MacBook Air for all syncing but for some reason my iPad says never on iCloud backup

In this screen shot all looks ok except it say NEVER

User uploaded file

But out on the next screen here it gives a backup time, do is my info being backed up ?

User uploaded file

I have 50GB on icloud to use so I know it’s not that as I only am using 10, here it shows backups from yesterday

User uploaded file

So what gives, I have tried turning iCloud off and deleting the backup then restarting the iPad and plugging in power on WiFi and it does not fix the issue so is it just a glitch in iOS ?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 4:45 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2018 11:05 AM in response to falman308

Well today after deleting the old backups again and restarting all looks normal on my ipad but now my iphone X shows unknown for iPad backup but shows it backed up last evening so I am guessing it’s some sort of bug in the iOS software, the main reason I switched to all Apple products over 10years ago it was rock solid but I am guessing it’s a new era.

i have figured out that when technology works its a wonderful thing but when it dose not we all stare at our devices 😉

Feb 28, 2018 2:20 PM in response to falman308

Just a quick update, all backed up normally last evening and it all shows correctly on my tablet for both devices but on my phone my tablet shows unknown for backup but shows a recent time for the backup, I can only assume this is some sort of but either in iOS or the way icloud is reporting back on the backup, maybe the next time I go by the Apple Store I can visit with one of the “Genius“ folks and have them look at it.

iPad Pro not backing up to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.