Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems backing up iPad to Mac or iCloud

I have an iPad Pro that I have been unable to back up either to my Mac or to iCloud for over a year now. I have all the latest software on all devices. With the Mac it says that “An error has occurred” and with iCloud I get “The last backup could not be completed”.

I can backup both my iPhone and a different iPad to both the Mac and iCloud so I conclude there is no problem with either my Mac nor my iCloud account. One “interesting” symptom is that when I look at Manage Storage under iCloud settings then look at Backups, it shows that there is “apparently” zero data to back up on all 200 or so Apps, which is blatantly wrong. I have reinstalled the iPadOS many times, but of course don’t have a backup file with which to do a full restore. I have removed Malwarebytes, and tried everything I can find in Discussion groups. Can anyone suggest a fix?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on May 6, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 9:24 AM

Greetings howard137,

We understand that you are having some difficulty backing up your iPad and we'd like to help. Begin by following the guidance found here:

If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup

If you can't back up to iCloud

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies

Problems backing up iPad to Mac or iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.