Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when trying to email out of contact list this message appears " this link uses mail app which has been deleted from your iPhone". I use gmail so deleted the mail app.

Iphone 7 Plus.

when trying to email direct out of my contact list this message appears " you followed a link that requires the app mail, which is no longer on your iPhone. You can restore it from the app store". I use Gmail and would like it as my default email for my contact list. What's up?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:07 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2018 12:05 AM in response to bobfromkindersley

Because Gmail is a third-party app, it cannot be selected as the default mail application. Only iOS Mail can be used as the default mail application currently, and this is by design. This limits the amount of control and access third-party apps have in iOS.

You can still add your Gmail account to the iOS Mail app and turn off notifications so you don't get duplicate notifications from both the Gmail and Mail apps. This would allow you to send emails to your friends using your Gmail account via the Mail app.

If you'd like to see built-in support for selecting different default Mail applications in iOS, I recommend submitting feedback at apple.com/feedback.

when trying to email out of contact list this message appears " this link uses mail app which has been deleted from your iPhone". I use gmail so deleted the mail app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.