Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image > Location is not an option. How can I change the geographic location of a photo?

Location is not an option on the image drop-down menu. How can I edit/add a geographic location to my photos?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:52 PM

the solution is to get up to date - setting the location is not a feature of the outdated Photos 1.0 that you are using - it is available in High Sierra and may be I think in El Captain and Sierra

when you are a couple of years behind on updates you do not have the current bug fixes and new features (there are tons) available

LN

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 4:52 PM in response to LG2018

the solution is to get up to date - setting the location is not a feature of the outdated Photos 1.0 that you are using - it is available in High Sierra and may be I think in El Captain and Sierra

when you are a couple of years behind on updates you do not have the current bug fixes and new features (there are tons) available

LN

Feb 28, 2018 10:58 AM in response to LG2018

So, you would like to change gps data on a photo in photo.app.

Looks like editing the gps data depends on what version of the Photos app you have which in turn depends on which version of macOS you have.

http://osxdaily.com/2015/11/06/add-location-to-pictures-photos-mac/

here is a long article on how to gain access to a photo in Photo.app. The short answer is to export the photo and change it.

How to access photo files in Finder?

If I read it correctly, you can export then add the gps info in the preview app. This will be a pita. Perhaps, you want to add the gps data before you import in to photo.

I'm messing around with a little app to find gps data. I might be able to modify it to meet your needs.

How can I find all geotagged photos with Yosemite 10.10.5 FINDER

R

PS. This doesn't exactly answer your needs, but please comment on if it gets closer to your needs.

PSS. I requested this discussion be moved to photos for the mac. Just found out about this community.

Mar 1, 2018 3:06 AM in response to LG2018

Location is not an option on the image drop-down menu.

Use a third party application to add GPS EXIF tags before you import the photos to Photos, for example https://www.houdah.com/houdahGeo/ or Jetphoto Pro or GraphicConverter, or exiftool in the terminal.

But upgrading to a newer version of of Photos would make using Photos much easier. It has been improved a lot since the first release on Yosemite. The newer versions allow to sort the photos in the albums, to batch change meta data (still not as good as in iPhoto), and to add and edit locations.

Image > Location is not an option. How can I change the geographic location of a photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.