Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

asking to play music its saying cant find it

Ask HomePod to

Play Zack brown band he can’t find it?

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:05 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2018 7:31 AM in response to deena153

Do you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match? Assuming it is the former have you added any Zack Brown Band to your iCloud Music Library? Siri may be more successful returning matches from your iCloud Music Library than it is with other requests.

You may also wish to try resetting your connection to your account. On your iOS device go to Home > HomePod > Details > Music & Podcasts > Account > Sign Out, then sign in again.

tt2

Feb 27, 2018 8:05 AM in response to deena153

I am having the same issue with Siri not finding music I ask for. I am an Apple Music subscriber, I have tried resetting everything, and still no luck. Everything worked fine until this morning. I have been in contact with Apple Support and after troubleshooting with them, they came to the conclusion it must be a server issue. They said they were seeing an "unusual" amount of talk about this issue this morning. They are calling back in a few hours to see if it resolves itself. I'll update when i find out more.

Feb 28, 2018 9:10 AM in response to turingtest2

HomePod Siri only seems to recognize songs purchased and downloaded from the Apple iTunes Store. I did purchase the Welcome Home album by Zac Brown, and HomePod Siri does find it. But, other physical CD's that I have purchased and then imported into iTunes are NOT recognized by HomePod Siri. (I do not have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match.)

Feb 28, 2018 9:19 AM in response to bea9077w

Then I'm afraid that is to be expected. For Siri to play other content in your library apart from your purchases you would need either iTunes Match or Apple Music. Apple Music costs more, but gives you access to nearly everything available from the iTunes Store. If you haven't already done so you should be able to take a 3 month free trial. iTunes Match is cheaper and should let you match or upload your own songs and playlists. If you decide to take either service make sure to back up your library before you start.

tt2

asking to play music its saying cant find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.