Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding music to my iphone

i have apple music and have lots of songs that are not in the apple library that i want to add at various intervals

how do i do this each time?

AppleTV 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 11:03 PM

Hello njenkins,

It seems like you are wanting to add songs to your iPhone that aren't available in Apple Music. I enjoy listening to music every day so I can understand the concern. I'll be happy to provide some information on this. If the songs you are wanting to add to your iPhone are already in your iTunes Library on a computer, then all you will need to do is to turn on iCloud Music Library.

Turn on iCloud Music Library

With your Apple Music subscription, you can access your music library on all of your devices as long as you're signed in to all of your devices with the same Apple ID and iCloud Music Library is turned on.
Go to Settings > Music, and tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
If you already have music on your device, you're asked if you want to keep the music that's on your device.
If you choose Keep Music*, the music from your device adds to your iCloud Music Library.
If you choose Delete & Replace, the music on your device is replaced with the content from your iCloud Music Library.

Let me know how things go after turning on iCloud Music Library.

Have a wonderful day.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 11:03 PM in response to njenkins

Hello njenkins,

It seems like you are wanting to add songs to your iPhone that aren't available in Apple Music. I enjoy listening to music every day so I can understand the concern. I'll be happy to provide some information on this. If the songs you are wanting to add to your iPhone are already in your iTunes Library on a computer, then all you will need to do is to turn on iCloud Music Library.

With your Apple Music subscription, you can access your music library on all of your devices as long as you're signed in to all of your devices with the same Apple ID and iCloud Music Library is turned on.
Go to Settings > Music, and tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
If you already have music on your device, you're asked if you want to keep the music that's on your device.
If you choose Keep Music*, the music from your device adds to your iCloud Music Library.
If you choose Delete & Replace, the music on your device is replaced with the content from your iCloud Music Library.

Let me know how things go after turning on iCloud Music Library.

Have a wonderful day.

Mar 1, 2018 7:14 AM in response to njenkins

Greetings, njenkins.

Once you add the songs to the iTunes library, and if you have iCloud Music Library turned on, the songs should automatically sync over to the iPhone. You many need to Update iCloud Music Library.

If you don't see your content on all of your devices

On the computer that contains your original music library, make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID that you use with Apple Music and have iCloud Music Library turned on. Then, from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.
Make sure that that you have the latest version of iOS, macOS, and iTunes on your devices in order to sign in with the Apple ID that you use with Apple Music.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB

If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up to date across all of your devices, syncing through iTunes might be disabled.

Regards.

Feb 28, 2018 11:05 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks.

Now say a week passed and I am given some more music. I add this to my iTunes library.

When I connect my iPhone it does not allow me to add this new music to the phone as the songs are not in the Apple Music library.

Do I have to disconnect from Apple Music, add the songs manually, then reconnect saying I’d like to keep thit songs already on my phone??

adding music to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.