Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix audio track to timeline of clips?

Hi there,

I am quite new to iMovie and hope to find an answer to this question:

I recorded my video and audio seperately. Now I want to synchronize it, but still both media have their own track and timeline. What I am looking for is a function to stick the audio track to the video track so if I trim the video (lets say I cut out 3 seconds), it also cuts the audio at the same spot and frame. Otherwise, I have to cut both tracks and each time I have to synchronize it again, which is awful.

Is there such a possibility to stick it to the video timeline?

thank you very much guys!

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:34 AM

Hi, Martin,

As you have found, video and audio are edited independently. However, you can select the video clip and the audio clip below it while holding down the Shift key. This will select both at once and both clips will be outlined in a yellow box. Then you can Modify/Split Clip at the playhead and both clips will be split at the same place. You can move down a few frames and do the same thing at the point that you want. Then delete the portion that you cut out, using the delete key on your keyboard, and both the audio and video will be cut at the same spot and frame. I have found that this doesn't work when you use the Trim function, so you have to actually split and cut out.

Hope this helps.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 8:34 AM in response to martinfromlörrach

Hi, Martin,

As you have found, video and audio are edited independently. However, you can select the video clip and the audio clip below it while holding down the Shift key. This will select both at once and both clips will be outlined in a yellow box. Then you can Modify/Split Clip at the playhead and both clips will be split at the same place. You can move down a few frames and do the same thing at the point that you want. Then delete the portion that you cut out, using the delete key on your keyboard, and both the audio and video will be cut at the same spot and frame. I have found that this doesn't work when you use the Trim function, so you have to actually split and cut out.

Hope this helps.

-- Rich

how to fix audio track to timeline of clips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.