Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the last watch software update I no longer receive phone or text alerts on the watch.

Since the last watch software update I no longer receive phone or text alerts on the watch.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:41 AM

Hi

I suggest that you follow the instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch - including if either or both of your devices indicate that they are connected, but they do not behave accordingly:

If you have not yet done so, then also update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

If unpairing and re-pairing, then be sure to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS before re-pairing your Apple Watch. The software on your Apple Watch will then be updated to the latest version, if required, during the re-pairing process:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 7:41 AM in response to stanfromwoodstock

Hi

I suggest that you follow the instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch - including if either or both of your devices indicate that they are connected, but they do not behave accordingly:

If you have not yet done so, then also update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

If unpairing and re-pairing, then be sure to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS before re-pairing your Apple Watch. The software on your Apple Watch will then be updated to the latest version, if required, during the re-pairing process:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 27, 2018 1:19 PM in response to Jonathan UK

It was helpful but it did take some effort to get the job done. For some reason, after about ten minutes, it alerted me that the unpairing was not successful. Another try proves successful. I had to go in and reconfigure some things to get the phone and texts and message alerts to respond on my phone. It also took a while to get my weather to respond. In any event, all is well now and I thank you very much for your help. I sure hope that future upgrades to not cause the same problem.

Feb 28, 2018 11:26 AM in response to stanfromwoodstock

I have the same problem since the last software update. Strange thing is that the watch says it's connected to the iPhone, though ringing to and syncing from the iPhone doesn't work. However I can still unlock my MacBook with the watch. Haven't tried the suggested fix, still hoping the next update will be soon released and fixes all the issues without losing my activity data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.