Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up 2 iPods on same computer

I just bought a new iPod and would like to transfer some of the data from my old iPod to the new one. I plan to keep both iPods and would like to know how I can maintain a separate backup for both iPods, using iTunes, on the same computer without erasing the backup data of either iPod after the data is present on both iPods. Will my computer (Windows7) see each iPod as a separate device and maintain separate backups of each? Or do I need to establish separate ID's for each iPod? If so, how is this done? Other options?

iOS 8.3, 32 GB

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 8:28 AM

Thanks for the information. I did a Restore on my new iPod, using the data from my old iPod, to get the data transferred. My computer recognized the 2 iPods as separate devices and I can do a separate back up for each one. I did put a name on the new iPod to help me keep it straight. Thanks again for your help.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the information. I did a Restore on my new iPod, using the data from my old iPod, to get the data transferred. My computer recognized the 2 iPods as separate devices and I can do a separate back up for each one. I did put a name on the new iPod to help me keep it straight. Thanks again for your help.

Backing up 2 iPods on same computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.