Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement for iPhone 5s

I have experienced the dreaded "battery drain from IOS 11 software update" on my iPhone 5s since it came out in 2017. After adjusting every setting imaginable, deleting apps & disabling everything I could live without- via searching for these "answers to fix drain" on Youtube...it's steadily gotten worse & I have to charge at least twice a day with VERY minimal usage, if any in-between. I am willing to invest in a new battery because I do know these tend to wear out over time, but my question is: would a new battery fix this issue?? Or will the software still drain it?

If so, I need to put that hard earned money toward a new phone instead, hate this! It's in otherwise perfect condition & seems like I just got it paid off. arrrghhh 😐

Thanks for any advice! MB

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:52 AM

No one can guarantee that just replacing the battery will "fix" everything with your iPhone; however, based on your description of the issues that you are having with it, it does indicate that the battery would be the main culprit.

Whether or not your replace your iPhone 5s battery or replace it is, of course, totally up to you. FWIW, I still have my 5s and did replace the battery and its still working great with iOS 11.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 11:52 AM in response to meggsfrombtown

No one can guarantee that just replacing the battery will "fix" everything with your iPhone; however, based on your description of the issues that you are having with it, it does indicate that the battery would be the main culprit.

Whether or not your replace your iPhone 5s battery or replace it is, of course, totally up to you. FWIW, I still have my 5s and did replace the battery and its still working great with iOS 11.

Battery replacement for iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.