Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home button unlock

My iPhone 6 is currently very obnoxious. Quoting another person who had the same issue but didn't either get a solution:

"The home button will work to 'wake-up' the phone from a black screen. However I cannot use the home button after this to bring me to the screen for entering the passcode... In order to get to the screen for entering the passcode, I swipe left and try to open an app, which brings me to the passcode screen and from this point forward my home button operates normally.

So - only when my phone is locked is the home button... useless. This strikes me as a software issue and not a hardware issue."

Any thoughts?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:37 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2018 3:41 PM in response to miofrom

miofrom wrote:

So - only when my phone is locked is the home button... useless. This strikes me as a software issue and not a hardware issue."

Any thoughts?

There are many millions iPhones out there with Touch ID (iPhone 5s, SE, 6, 6Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8 & 8 Plus) running 11.2.5 and 11.2.6

FWIW, I have 5s, 6, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 and 8 Plus and there is no issue with Touch ID all running on iOS 11.2.6

What troubleshooting steps have you done?

Any Restart, Reset, Restore from backup and Restore as new?

home button unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.