Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue getting emails imported into Macmail

I have 11.2 version MacMail and it is no longer importing emails from google or my other email account servers. It will come up with random messages like 'Saving 1 of 29 drafts' underneath the list of mailboxes and half an hour later maybe 50 or 60 will suddenly get downloaded. I'm fine getting rid of thousands of emails if I can save them to a hard drive but not even sure that is the problem. I did follow directions and clicked on mailbox, export and chose a hard drive that I hope now has all my emails. So what do I do now?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), High Sierra OSX 10.13.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 1:18 PM in response to movielover2012

Hi movielover2012,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble with Mail on your Mac not receiving email for multiple accounts and occasionally you'll see larger groups of messages downloaded at once. I know it's important to rely on the Mail app to consistently receive your messages from the server; I'd like to help. First I'd suggest that you follow the instructions below to rebuild your mailboxes:

You may need to rebuild a mailbox to update the list of messages it contains. For example, if messages appear to be missing or garbled, or if you can’t find all relevant messages when you search using the Entire Message search option.

Select a mailbox in the Mail sidebar, then choose Mailbox > Rebuild.

When you rebuild mailboxes for IMAP or Exchange accounts, messages and attachments stored on your computer are discarded, and then downloaded again from the mail server to your Mac. Your mailbox appears empty until the download is complete.

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac

If you continue to have trouble I'd also suggest working through the steps here: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Issue getting emails imported into Macmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.