Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

buy an iPhone X in US

According to Apple. The model needed to use in my country is the

Model A1901.

Can I buy that one in the american applestore?

A collegue of me has bought one that in preferences has a model no: MQAC2QN/A

How do I now to get the right one?

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:35 AM

7 replies

Feb 28, 2018 8:12 AM in response to bertelfromrønde

bertelfromrønde wrote:

According to Apple. The model needed to use in my country is the

Model A1901.

Can I buy that one in the american applestore?

A collegue of me has bought one that in preferences has a model no: MQAC2QN/A

How do I now to get the right one?

That model number (starting with the M) is going to be on the box, but there will be different versions depending on the individual configuration and color. The model number starting with the A describes the case and a may cover several different models. I think that model number with an M is only sold in Sweden, Denmark, and maybe Germany.

Are you going to physically be in the United States or have someone buying one on your behalf? Apple won't ship a device ordered internationally. The only thing I can think of is to come in an specifically request a particular model number. However, I wouldn't recommend an A1901 for use outside the United States. Those are only sold as phones locked to a specific carrier (AT&T or T-Mobile).

https://www.techwalls.com/iphone-x-models-a1865-a1901-a1902-differences/

iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple

Feb 28, 2018 11:41 AM in response to y_p_w

I'll correct you. M is a retail unit. because even in Canada, my 6S Plus and my 8 Plus's model number all start with M. QN before the slash I could not find in the Countries table. Before the slash, both my iPhones have VC. This denotes Canada.

Model Regions - The iPhone Wiki

But how many times have we told people not to do this and they do? I can tell you this. In Canada before they banned locking of phones, the resale value of phones unlocked was 30-50% higher than a phone locked to a provider. So your quote is more than likely dead on.

Feb 28, 2018 12:07 PM in response to Driver8666

Driver8666 wrote:

I'll correct you. M is a retail unit. because even in Canada, my 6S Plus and my 8 Plus's model number all start with M. QN before the slash I could not find in the Countries table. Before the slash, both my iPhones have VC. This denotes Canada.

I understand that M means a retail unit. However, that particular model number (MQAC2QN/A) comes up as a 64 GB iPhone X Space Grey sold only in Germany, Sweden, or Denmark. Obviously that can't be purchased in the United States at retail.

buy an iPhone X in US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.