Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2013

I have a very unusual problem. While using my MacBook, it started having issues like not deleting the trash, or apps such as settings or font book kept closing with an unreadable error message (there was an error box, but with no words). I shut down my computer to see if it would help. When restarting, the dock disappeared and the wallpaper kept changing every second. The top task bar disappeared as well. I tried restarting in safe mode, but it did the same thing. I also tried signing in as a guest. Same thing happened. I did the verify disc and repair disc numerous times. Every time, I got the message all discs are ok. On some start ups, I would get a large error box saying a nwj shutdown. I cannot get my Mac to start up with the dock. I also tried restore, but time machine isn’t working. Please help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:58 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

MacBook Pro 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.