Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey screen turned Black, unable to restore

Hi,

Grey screen appeared on my iPad Air out of nowhere this morning. I tried rebooting it (by pressing/holding the home and side buttons simultaneously) but this just shuts it down. My iPad screen is now completely black, and I'm unable to restore it using iTunes as error about disabling Find My iPad blocks the restoration process. Since I am unable to get into my device and disconnecting it via iCloud.com seem to not turn off Find My iPad, I am completely stuck.

Is there an alternate solution out there?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 6:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 1:27 PM in response to schee0one

Hello schee0one,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPad. Please try the troubleshooting provided in this help article: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you still have issues, the article states:

Get more help

If you can’t update or restore your device with recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Grey screen turned Black, unable to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.