Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook typing weird characters workaround

I have a workaround for MacBook pro typing weird characters. Mine has a stuck option key. Apple has pretty much changed everything in my MacBook including the keyboard. It was fine for a little while but started the character thing again. I now use the sticky key identifier. Press the shift key 3 times pretty fast. It should turn on your sticky keys on or off. It comes up on your screen to let you know. With sticky key on it will show you a symbol in the upper right hand corner when a key is stuck. You'll figure out which symbol is to which key by playing around with it. It will change the way you type. Like when you use the shift key it will stay on when you press it once. Hit the shift key but don't hold it down to type just hit it once (don't hold down) then type. It will shift then turn off. With the sticky key on you can tell when your option key is acting up. Randomly it will flip out and come on by itself showing it on the upper right of your screen. It also makes a sound when it happens. To fix I hit the right option key until it turns off. Occasionally it will do it more than once but usually stops. I have been able to use my computer for more than 2 years with this workaround.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:16 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

MacBook typing weird characters workaround

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.