Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore an iPad without a computer and if the iPad won't turn on

Apple pushed out an OS upgrade yesterday. My iPad took the update last night, but when the update was done (I don't know for sure if it was completed), the iPad was off. It wouldn't turn back on, so I did a hard reboot. When I did, I was instructed to restore the iPad via iTunes.

I don't have a computer to plug my iPad into, and furthermore, my iPad won't turn on. If I try to turn it on, I get the "restore" screen with the lightning cable and iTunes icon.

Any thoughts on how to get my iPad back would be appreciated!

Jim

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:43 AM

James Dolan wrote:

Apple pushed out an OS upgrade yesterday. My iPad took the update last night, but when the update was done (I don't know for sure if it was completed), the iPad was off. It wouldn't turn back on, so I did a hard reboot. When I did, I was instructed to restore the iPad via iTunes.

I don't have a computer to plug my iPad into, and furthermore, my iPad won't turn on. If I try to turn it on, I get the "restore" screen with the lightning cable and iTunes icon.

Jim

Do as suggested, you will need to connect your ipad with a computer that has iTunes on it to restore your device.

if you don't have one, use a relatives or a friends.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 9:43 AM in response to James Dolan

James Dolan wrote:

Jim

Do as suggested, you will need to connect your ipad with a computer that has iTunes on it to restore your device.

if you don't have one, use a relatives or a friends.

How to restore an iPad without a computer and if the iPad won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.