Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunesconnect developer: tax info, bank info, other error messages problems

Hi, I am getting various error messages and problems completing tax info and banking info. These are inhibiting my developer's completing out app. Please see image below.

When I complete the tax info, I get the error message you see in image below that: "An account corresponding to...".User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

But I don't know what other account there could be. Are they saying somehow there is another developer account (apple.developer and/or itunes connect) for my EIN?

Meanwhile, see the "Set Up" for banking info for "Contracts in Effect"? When I go there, it has the correct bank account and tells me:

User uploaded file

What "agreement" to "this" agreement lol? What "other active agreements?" The blue Set Up button remains.

Also, meanwhile, while this is going on, I have had for several weeks this message:

User uploaded file

Background: I changed from my individual name to my business name some weeks ago and got a confirmation phone call from Apple then.

So you know, this is not our first rodeo. We have an existing app in the iOS store and we are testing our second for submission as soon as this can be solved (there are in-app purchases).

ITunes Connect only has email support and their reply to my specific questions (as I have put here) was generic cookie-cutter. I am sure I am not the first to be so frustrated. Time is money.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

itunes connect developer

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:20 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 28, 2018 2:11 PM in response to thomasfrommarfa

If you already have something in process, you should wait for it to complete. The last thing you want to do is trip any fraud alerts with multiple accounts.

You might consider some alternative routes. Start in the developer forums (https://forums.developer.apple.com/welcome). Other people might have better information that I do. Plus, Apple Developer engineers monitor those forums. Sadly, once you fall though the cracks, you will need an active lobbying campaign. Keep the e-mail barrage going too. Don't let up.

Feb 28, 2018 11:21 AM in response to thomasfrommarfa

Hello thomasfrmomarfa,

We are just other Apple users here. You would have to contact Apple Developer support directly. What was Apple's cookie-cutter response?

Most of these things are automated. If you have some issue that falls out of the automated workflow, and needs a human, you'll have to wait. Sometimes you will have to wait for months. I had a similar issue getting a one-page tax form. It was a challenge and took several months.

Had you asked first, I would have recommended creating a new business account and transferring your apps from one account to the other. All of that can be automated.

Feb 28, 2018 11:24 AM in response to etresoft

Yes, thanks so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate your response. (BTW, I tried Apple Developer, which does as you know have a phone number, and they said "we can't help with iTunes connect," lol. Catch-22!)

Your recommendation is a good one and I'll try it. VERY practical. Which I like.

And also your warning that it may take...months...is good too.

The cookie-cutter response from iTunes connect was to direct me to the page for completion of the W-9. LOL. Not how to do deal with error messages such as the one I submitted when I completed the W-9!

I am sure their volume is crazy, but man, Google Play is so much easier (though I'm sure if I do this long enough I'll find problems with them too).

I really appreciate it, etrsoft. Tom

itunesconnect developer: tax info, bank info, other error messages problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.