Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homekit invitation fail (address not registered in iCloud)

Hello everyone, I would share with community the solution to this hateful and popular error...

I had this problem with my wife device (iPhone 5c running iOs 10.3.3, the latest available).

After trying everything, I found this simple solution.

1. I used my iPad pro logging with my wife iCloud account.

2. I send invitation by third part app (Elgato Eve or philips Hue), to bypass error message (address not registered on iCloud)

3. I opened Home app in iPad and accept invitation (Note: using iPhone with older iOs version, invitation was not received).

4. logged out from wife account in ipad

5. logging again in iPhone 5c

Now she can control all devices from wi fi network, however home hubs (ATV 4th gen and ATV 4k) appears to be not responding: this may represent an issue for remote control. I believe that it is related to older iOs version, since on iPad pro, with the same account, it works with both account. Maybe apple disabled remote access for previous iOs version.

I hope that you find useful this trick

Apple TV, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:35 AM

Be sure to also let Apple know as they aren't here on the forums -- Product Feedback - Apple.

Similar questions

1 reply

homekit invitation fail (address not registered in iCloud)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.