Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant i play certain music on my playlist?

Have the apple music subscription, but when i add certain songs to my playlist they turn grayish and you cant click on them to play, does this happen to anyone els? i downloaded them and put them on my playlist but alot of the popular songs just turn grey

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 1:51 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 12:56 PM in response to Bartier

Hello Bartier,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand that some of the songs in your playlists are grayed out and won't play. I enjoy listening to music as well, so I can understand the concern. The following information can help in a situation such as yours.

Get help with iCloud Music Library

If some of your songs are missing or the song names appear in gray text

If songs that you bought are missing or the song names appear in gray text, they might use digital rights management (DRM). You need to authorize your computer before you can play these songs.
After you authorize, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or the top of the iTunes window.
If you synced the songs that appear with gray text to your iOS device from a Mac or PC, turn on iCloud Music Library on that computer and your library should update.

About iCloud Music Library icons and status​

If your songs appear in light gray text

Your songs might appear in iTunes in light gray text for a variety of reasons. Those reasons include:
You're not connected to iCloud Music Library. If you see a Disconnected icon in the upper-right corner of iTunes, you're not connected to iCloud Music Library. Click the icon to reconnect.
The song isn't in Apple Music or isn't available in your current country or region. These songs also appear in gray if you search for them in Apple Music.
Restrictions are turned on for explicit tracks. Learn more about Restrictions.
An artist or content provider made changes or edits to an album. You might need to remove the album from your library and add it back from the Apple Music catalog.

Cheers!

Why cant i play certain music on my playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.