Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1602 on iPad

My iPad (device model A1219, A1337) is stuck in the recovery loop: apple logo appears, then blank black screen, then the apple logo appears, then blank black screen...you get the picture. I have spent 6 hours or more researching online how to fix this but when iTunes tries to recover/restore the iPad I get the error 1602. I've tried multiple cables, held this button, pushed that button, patted my head while I rubbed my stomach. Nothing is working. Short of throwing this iPad out the window, what else can I try. I've noticed there are quite a few "recovery software" options out there but I really can't afford to buy them (starving artist here). Any ideas/suggestions/comments/cocktail recipes?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1, null

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:05 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 2:22 PM in response to booger0456

Hi booger0456,

I understand that your iPad is restarting on its own, and when trying to restore it using iTunes, you get error 1602. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

The following article offers troubleshooting for this issue:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Check your USB connections

If you see error 4005, 4013, or 4014, use these steps.

If you see one of the errors below, check your USB connection, USB cable, USB port, or computer:

• 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643–1650
  • 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009
  • An error that includes "invalid response"

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. Use the USB cable that came with your device. If you don't have it, try a different Apple USB cable.
  2. Switch to a different USB port on your computer. Don't plug into your keyboard.
  3. Switch to a USB port on a different computer.
  4. If you still see the error, check for other USB issues, check your third-party security software, then check your hardware.

If you still see an error, contact Apple Support.

Since you've gone through the steps there, I recommend that you go ahead and contact Apple Support .

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Error 1602 on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.