Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these system logs suspicious?

I’m not going to post the entire log unless someone requests that I do so, but there are some phrases that raised my eyebrows. I am not a system admin so I know things can look suspicious when they aren’t, but my history is that a few years ago I had a very determined/persistent hacker/cyberstalker so I’m a little paranoid (because someone WAS out to get me after all.) I have two MacBooks and with the exception of the “hijack” line, the logs look similar (meaning they‘re both normal/fine or both messed up.)

”com.apple.xpc.launchd{1} (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.user 92): Service sets EnableTransactions=false and EnablePressuredExit=true, which makes no sense. Enabling transactions. Last message repeated 10 times.”

”ClassCTphonenumber is implemented in both /system/library/frameworks/versions/a/core telephony and coretelephony.framework/support/commcenter. One of the two will be used. which one is undefined.”

”com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent:unknown key for integer:_DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit.

BUG in libdispatch client: kevent {EVFILT MACHPORT} monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked.”

”.com.apple.xpc.launchd {1} (com.apple.xpc.launchd.user.domain.501, 10007, Aqua): caller tried to hijack service: path=/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.pluginkit.pkd.plist, caller=loginwindow 90”

”the HideUntilCheckin property is an architectural performance issue. Please transition away from it.”

”com.apple.xpc.launchd{1} (com.apple.diagnostics-agent): this service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient.”

Any opinions? Are these normal? These are the first day of logs and it had only been connected to the internet very briefly if at all, which is why I was surprised to see things about “callers hijacking” anything or “telephony.”

Thank you!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:26 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 3, 2018 10:09 PM in response to LillieE15

caller tried to hijack service: is not a Telephone Caller. It is the service call from the program. In this case a login script from a plug-in.

Could have been an internet redirect or any host of innocuous web script calls. I was able to find the same references to some of yours in my log.

Good news either way, Apple caught and blocked it.

Are these system logs suspicious?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.