Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Automator to Resize Images

Hi, I need automator to resize images to 125x125, this includes images that are not perfect squares. I know it's an odd question, but I don't care about the image being distorted. If anyone knows of a way to do it with apple, java, or shell scripts that would be awesome or any other ideas.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:33 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 28, 2018 3:03 PM in response to Kyelimepi

You can do what you want in Preview. Make sure Preview Preferences > Images. Is set to "Open groups of files in the same window" is checked.

Select all the images and open in Preview.

Choose "Select All" from the Edit menu.

Choose "Adjust size" from the Tools menu.

Unclick the lock so you can set Height and Width separately.

Set the resolution.

Save

Feb 28, 2018 7:53 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad wrote:

I've used this app for a number of years. It's an excellent add on tool for my image editing apps. Many times 3rd party apps meet needs that Apple just doesn't address.

Automator doesn't have any such capability.

I ended up trying Resize and ran into a couple of issues. One it's not a signed developer so you have to "Open" it from the contextual menu. More importantly, I had a warning dialog that the program could slow my computer. when I tried selecting a folder of images to convert, it took a while for the Open dialog to appear, a while to select a folder, etc. Once set up it converted the images fairly quickly. High Sierra 10.13.3

I would also mention XnConvert. Also free and supports 500 image formats, has more features.

Mar 1, 2018 5:05 PM in response to CountryGirl56

I have an Automator running where when I drop images into a certain folder it takes those moves them into one folder, copies those to another folder and then I want them to be automatically resized to 125x125...I have it set up to use "Watch Me Do" in preview right now but if there's a script out there that can resize it without having to use watch me do and do it without opening preview that's what I would like.

Need Automator to Resize Images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.